Online Training Webinars
All Retrofit Assessment work must be carried out in-line with the PAS 2035 Standard Framework which sets out how TrustMark holders must comply during the Retrofit Assessment process.
Our PAS 2035 Training upskills current Domestic Energy Assessors (DEAs) and Green Deal Advisors (GDAs), to undertake Retrofit
Assessment work within the PAS 2035 Standard Framework. Our 2-day course, delivered by our experienced trainers, covers all the essential elements of the Retrofit Assessor role. Ultimately, the completion of a mock Retrofit Assessment Report and a multi-choice exam.
After you have completed and passed the exam, you will be eligible to join the Stroma Certification Retrofit Assessor Certification Scheme and begin carrying out Retrofit Assessment work in domestic buildings.
The Retrofit Assessor Training
The Retrofit Assessor Training (Upskill) will take place over a 2-day period. There will be a small element of pre-course reading, the reading list will be sent prior to the course. This background reading will cover the following subjects:
An introduction to BS 7913 – traditional construction
PAS 2035 Path C has extra requirements
An overview and differences between SAP and PHPP.
THE ONLINE ASSESSOR TRAINING COURSE
The retrofit assessor course can be completed in 2 days. The course is divided into the following parts:
- PAS 2035 Overview, the other roles, link to PAS 2030
- Trust Mark Overview, including data warehouse
- Energy Efficiency Advice – including government approved/endorsed services
- The benefits of whole house retrofit
- Evidence requirements
- Risk Assessment, Paths A, B and C – and impact on Assessors
- Heritage buildings
- Planning constraints and Site constraints
- Requirements of Scheme Membership – CDP, COC Insurance etc
- Identify existing energy efficiency measure(s)
- Structural defects
- Building Structure
- U-values & Linear Thermal Bridging
- Solar gain/Heat Gains
- Condition Report
- RdSAP (extra data where necessary)
- The completion of a mock full report that you could use to send to the coordinator.
- A multi-choice exam, time will be allowed for anyone needing to re-sit the exam.
Joining Retrofit Assessor Certification Scheme
The virtual classroom course will be delivered via webinar over two consecutive days with a live trainer. The learners and trainer will connect via video link (like video conference call). All participants will be sent a link. Once you click on the link, it will take you straight to the online classroom. It is simple and straightforward.