Infinity Energy Organisation, Infinity Property Management, Infinity Solar UK and Infinity Electric Bike values your privacy and cares about the way in which your personal information is treated.
This policy describes:
- what personal information we collect about you
- how we obtain your personal information
- how we use your personal information
- on what basis we use your personal information
- how long we keep your personal information
- who we share your personal information with
- how we protect your personal information
- your rights regarding your personal information
What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you during our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage our legal or other services or because of your relationship with one or more of our staff and clients.
The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position and your relationship to a person
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Financial information, such as payment-related information
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including access and dietary requirements
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business acceptance processes
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of data
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How we obtain your personal information
- We collect information from you as part of our business acceptance processes and about you and others as necessary while providing our services.
- We collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services, including our websites and email communications sent to and from Infinity Energy Organisation, Infinity Property Management, Infinity Solar UK and Infinity Electric Bike.
- We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for instance engaging with our staff or registering on one of our digital platforms or applications.
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources.
How we use your personal information
Infinity Energy Organisation, Infinity Property Management, Infinity Solar UK, and Infinity Electric Bike collects and processes personal information about you in a number of ways, including through your use of our website and in the provision of services by us. We use that information:
- To provide and improve this website, including auditing and monitoring its use.
- To provide and improve our services to you and to our clients, including handling the personal information of others on behalf of our clients.
- To provide information requested by you.
- To promote our services, including sending legal updates, publications, and details of events.
- To manage and administer our relationship with you and our clients.
- To fulfil our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims.
- For the purposes of recruitment.
Use of Infinity website
Several facilities on our website invite you to provide us with personal information, such as for quotes and email queries facilities. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point that you provide your personal information, and we only use that information for those purposes.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web-based analytics tool that tracks and reports on the way the website is used to help us to improve it. Google Analytics does this by placing small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device. The information that the cookies collect, such as the number of visitors to the site, the pages visited and the length of time spent on the site, is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Please also see ‘Marketing and other emails’ below.
Marketing and other emails
If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on this link: UNSUBSCRIBE
Meetings, events and seminars
We will collect and process personal information about you in relation to your attendance at our offices or at an event or seminar organised by Infinity Energy Organisation or its business partners. We will only process and use special categories of personal information about your dietary or access requirements in order to cater for your needs and to meet any other legal or regulatory obligations we may have. We may share your information with IT and other service providers or business partners involved in organising or hosting the relevant event.
On what basis we use your personal information
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide energy advice or other services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- For legitimate business purposes. Please see ‘How we use your personal information’ for more detail.
How long we keep your personal information
Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our data retention policy which categorises all of the information held by Infinity Energy Organisation, Infinity Property Management, Infinity Solar UK, Infinity Electric Bike, and specifies the appropriate retention period for each category of data. Those periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used, considering legal and regulatory requirements, good practice and Infinity Energy Organisation business purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
Any information that you provide to us may be shared with and processed by the team at Infinity Energy Organisation, Infinity Property Management, Infinity Solar UK, Infinity Electric Bike. We may also share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- Our professional advisers and auditors.
- Suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services such as word processing, translation, photocopying and document review.
- IT service providers to Infinity Energy Organisation, Infinity Property Management, Infinity Solar UK, Infinity Electric Bike.
- Third parties involved in hosting or organizing events or seminars.
Where necessary, or for the reasons set out in this policy, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
If in the future we re-organise or transfer all or part of our business, we may need to transfer your information to new Infinity Energy Organisation, Infinity Property Management, Infinity Solar UK, Infinity Electric Bike entities or to third parties through which the business of Infinity Energy Organisation, Infinity Property Management, Infinity Solar UK, Infinity Electric Bike will be carried out.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Your rights regarding your personal information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorised transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organisation. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to Infinity Energy Organisation, Infinity Property Management, Infinity Solar UK, Infinity Electric Bike, processing of your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How we use your personal information’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent, we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Use of Personal Data Notice
- name, email address, phone number and postal address;
- information about any disputes or aftersale queries between you and a Member;
- details of quotes and services provided to you; and
- details of any contracts for the supply of goods and services agreed to by you.
- because the use of your personal data is necessary to:
- pursue our legitimate business interests which are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms (our legitimate interest is to be able to monitor and enforce our Members’ compliance with the Code and applicable law); or º comply with the law.
- we are required to do so by law; or
- in order to enforce our own legal rights; or
- we are required to pass the documentation which contains it to our external auditors (who will carry out a compliance assessment of the documentation) and/or our Applications Panel, Non-Compliance Panel and our Appeals Panel.
- you have a right to request access to copies of your data that we hold; and
- you have a right to correct any error in your data.
- request the deletion of your data;
- restrict the use of your data;
- object to our use of your data; and/ or
- request a transfer of your data to another organisation or directly to you.
- ICO helpline: 0303 123 1113
- ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF