External Wall Insulation
Stop suffering from expensive energy bills and start saving up to £X with external wall insulation that keeps your home warmer for longer.
Infinity Property Management Ltd.
External Wall Insulation
Central heating accounts for over 75% of the energy expenditure of an average UK household. Since homes with solid walls, on average, allow 45% of generated heat to escape, you’re essentially throwing money away by not insulating your walls.
- A low maintenance, high performance insulation measure.
- Reduced heat loss and CO2 emissions
- The absence of damp, mould, and condensation.
- A personalized design of your home’s facade.
- Improved Weather proofing and impact resistance.
- Excellent interior acoustics.
- Improved draught proofing.
- Increased lifespan of brickwork.
Internal Wall Insulation
- Uninsulated solid wall homes are predicted to be at risk of surface condensation.
- IWI reduces whole house heat loss by only 3%.
- Installing IWI in rooms in the roofs of homes can reduce whole house heat loss by 20%.
- Savings are affected by the amount of wall area insulated, infiltration rates, heating hours and
- thermal resistance of the product, resulting in possible domestic fuel bill savings of 3% to 59%.
Cavity Wall Insulation
Insulating Your Home Results in £450 Yearly Energy Savings
The added insulation will help lower your energy bills and aid in combating mould and condensation.
- Cavity walls reduce their weights on the foundation.
- They act as good as sound insulation.
- Cavity wall gives better thermal insulation than any other solid wall because space is full of air and reduces heat transmission.
- They have a heat flow rate that is 50 percent that of a solid wall.
- Cavity Wall is economically cheaper than other solid walls.
- Cavity Wall is fire resistant.
- Cavity wall helps to keep out from noise.
Get Your Free Survey & Quote
Frequently Asked Questions.
Exterior Wall Insulation involves fixing an insulating material to the exterior of a property and covering it with a special type of plaster or cladding, improving the overall thermal efficiency of your home.
The thermal efficiency that results from Exterior/External Wall Insulation can help you save £120 – £455 a year, depending on your wall structure and the type of house you own. A home with optimal thermal efficiency also has the added advantage of being free from damp and mould because of the absence of cold spots that can cause condensation.
Cavity Wall Insulation involves filling the gap between your walls with the insulation material of your choice. You can choose from mineral wool, polystyrene beads, and foamed insulants.
To insert the insulation material into the wall cavity, small holes around 23 millimeters in size must be drilled in the mortar joints of your walls. For maximum coverage, the holes should be roughly 1.5 meters apart.
Wall Insulation will change the appearance of your property significantly, so you should check with your local council first to see if you require permission before starting the process.
- Installers will need a certain degree of access to the outer walls of your home. If for some reason, access to your outer walls is restricted, our energy assessor will advise if the property can be properly insulated from the outside.
- Installing External Wall Insulation is not recommended if your outer walls are problematic and are difficult to repair.
- Your property is suitable for cavity wall insulation if there’s no damp spots in your internal walls.
- If you live in a conservation area, you will need to check with your local council first before you can change the appearance of your home.
Wall Insulation can vary greatly depending on the condition of your home, the type of insulation system currently installed, and the size of your property.
To get an accurate estimate of the cost of installation, fill out our Online Form.
Infinity Energy Organisation can help you finance the installation of Solid Wall Insulation with easy monthly payments. Book an appointment with one of our energy saving advisors and we’ll find out if you’re eligible for ECO grant funding: 0203 638 4030