This job description provides an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the role and the necessary skills and knowledge required to perform them as at the date it was created. The employee accepts that over time this job description may be subject to change as the employee’s duties and job evolves.
The role of the Distribution Manager is to manage the warehouse and the stock levels and ensure all material is ordered and tracked correctly. The Distribution Manager will represent the business and maintain a good relationship with our customers.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship).
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store).
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation.
- Complete diary logs into inventory.
- Report any discrepancies.
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and co-workers.
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Liaising with Project Managers from the start until the install has been completed.
- Loading, unloading, preparing, inspecting, and operating the delivery vehicle.
- Forklift trained to ensure that they can load and off load stock.
- Managing site material returns.
- Use practical knowledge to help on sites when and where possible.
- Maintaining the paint mixing machine and mixing paint as when required.
- Organising the collection and drop off of the skip.
- Attend all business-related meetings.
- Manage deliveries for EWI Hubs and Stockist locations.
- Co-operate with management on all aspects of health and safety.
- Other Ad-Hoc duties.